The Parent Group recognises and values the role that parents/ carers play in the education of their children and aims to strengthen the partnership between family, school, parish and the wider community for the benefit of their children’s overall development and learning.
The Parent Group will endeavour to do this by:
- Reaching out to all associated with the school to build a friendly and welcoming community that seeks to involve all its members
- Providing a parental perspective to assist the Principal in decision making
- Acting as a mechanism for representing parents when it is appropriate to do so
- Raising funds to provide resources and opportunities for enriching the learning environment of the school
- Supporting parents/carers in their parental responsibilities and involvement in their children’s learning at home and at school
- Providing a forum where matters relating to the education and development of students can be discussed productively
- Providing opportunities for parents/carers to gain insights into the life of the school, current developments in education and Catholic education in particular.