It is essential that students are provided with the opportunity to partake in school improvement, to have the opportunity to experience various forms of leadership, to have a voice and to take both ownership and responsibility for the development, enhancement, and management of the school.
At St. Ambrose Parish Primary the student leadership positions available are:
- School Captains
- Sports Captains
- Sport House Captains
- Social Justice Team
- Liturgy Leaders
- Friends of St Ambrose Library
- Student Representative Council
At St Ambrose we believe in developing Student Leadership through consulting student voice, which results in:
• feeling they are respected, listened to, taken seriously
• knowing views are influencing decisions
• sensing greater control over teaching and learning
• gaining confidence in expressing improvements
• feeling more positive about school, more involved.
(Maurice Ryan 2013)
You are the light of the world. A city built on a hill cannot be hidden. No one after lighting a lamp puts it under the bushel basket, but on the lamp-stand, and it give light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven.